Competition to be completed in ‘mini-tournament’ style in August
Last Updated: 10/07/20 12:40pm
Manchester United will play Copenhagen or Istanbul Basaksehir in the Europa League quarter-finals if they overcome Austrian side LASK.
United are in a strong position to reach the next stage of the competition as they hold a 5-0 first-leg lead over LASK with the second game still to be played.
Wolverhampton Wanderers will face Sevilla or Roma if they progress in their tie against Olympiakos, which finished 1-1 in the first leg in Greece.
The winners of those two quarter-final ties will then meet in the semi-final, meaning an all-Premier League contest in the final four could take place.
A game against Inter Milan or Getafe awaits Rangers, but they must overcome a 3-1 deficit against Bayer Leverkusen with the second leg to come in Germany.
The draw was made in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday morning following the one for the next stages of the Champions League.
The Europa League’s last-16 second legs will take place on August 5 and 6, with Inter Milan vs Getafe and Sevilla vs Roma being reduced to a single knockout game as their first legs were also postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The quarter-finals are scheduled for August 10 and 11 in Cologne, Duisburg, Dusseldorf and Gelsenkirchen. The semi-finals are on August 16 and 17.
The final is Friday, August 21 in Cologne, replacing the postponed May 27 final in Gdansk, Poland.
Quarter-final draw in full
- Shakhtar Donetsk/Wolfsburg vs Basel/Eintracht Frankfurt
- Manchester United/LASK vs Copenhagen/Istanbul Basaksehir
- Inter Milan/Getafe vs Bayer Leverkusen/Rangers
- Wolves/Olympiakos vs Sevilla/Roma
Semi-final draw in full
- Wolves/Olympiakos or Sevilla/Roma vs Manchester United/LASK or Copenhagen/Istanbul Basaksehir
- Shakhtar Donetsk/Wolfsburg or Basel/Eintracht Frankfurt
Europa League: key dates
- Europa League last-16: August 5/6 (kick-off 5.55pm, 8pm BST)
- Europa League quarter-finals: August 10/11 (8pm BST)
- Europa League semi-finals: August 16/17 (8pm BST)
- Europa League final: August 21 (8pm BST)