Team news, stats and prediction ahead of Chelsea vs Norwich in the Premier League on Tuesday (kick-off 8.15pm).
N’Golo Kante will miss Chelsea‘s Premier League clash with Norwich due to a hamstring injury.
The France midfielder remains sidelined for Tuesday’s crucial encounter, but could yet be fit for Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United.
Defender Andreas Christensen came off at half-time in the 3-0 loss at Sheffield United, but has shaken off a knock.
Norwich will be without Ondrej Duda at Stamford Bridge after he was given permission to return to his parent club Hertha Berlin.
The Slovakian was an unused substitute during Saturday’s 4-0 defeat to West Ham, which confirmed the Canaries’ relegation and as a result the loanee has been allowed to go back to Germany early.
Boss Daniel Farke will also be without Moritz Leitner (hernia) plus defenders Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmermann and Sam Byram (all hamstring).
How to follow
Chelsea vs Norwich is live on Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Main Event from 8pm; Kick-off 8.15pm. Sky Sports customers can watch in-game clips in the live match blog on the Sky Sports website and app. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
Sky Sports will show 64 live Premier League games when the season resumes. In addition to the 39 matches already scheduled to be broadcast exclusively live on Sky Sports before the coronavirus interruption, 25 more matches will be available on both Sky Sports Premier League and Sky’s free-to-air Pick channel, allowing the whole nation to be part of the return of live sport.
To celebrate the return of the Premier League, Sky Sports will also launch a host of innovative new features and updates to give fans an even more immersive experience and share the moments live with family and friends on virtual platforms.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 16 meetings with Norwich in all competitions (W11 D5), since a 0-3 loss in December 1994.
- After winning their first two Premier League away games against Chelsea (September 1992 and October 1993), Norwich are winless in their last six league visits to Stamford Bridge (D1 L5).
- Last time out versus Sheffield United, Chelsea lost by a three-goal margin for only the second time in the Premier League this season (also 0-4 vs Man Utd in August). They’ve only lost consecutive Premier League games by a three-goal margin on two previous occasions (February 2018 and October 1995).
- Chelsea have won their last four Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge, scoring at least two goals in each victory. The Blues last won five consecutively at home in the Premier League in December 2017, during a run of seven wins under Antonio Conte.
- This is the sixth time a side is facing Chelsea in their first Premier League match following relegation – Chelsea have won all previous five, most recently against Cardiff in 2013-14.
- Norwich have lost 24 Premier League games this season – they’ve never lost more in a league campaign in their history.
- Norwich are currently on a run of seven consecutive Premier League defeats – they’ve never lost eight consecutive league games in their history.